1. Do not get dressing wet. Sponges bathe only and cover the area with plastic secured with tape at the edge.
2. Elevate your arm for 24 hours – HAND ABOVE YOUR ELBOW.
3. Apply an ice pack to shoulder 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for 24 hours while awake.
4. Spend the day of surgery and two full days after that in the house resting. Then increase your activity at a comfortable rate.
5. Take Tylenol for pain, 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours as needed.
6. Take prescription pain meds as directed for more sever e pain. DO NOT DRIVE OR DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICINE.
7. Take your temperature twice daily (AM and PM) for 7 days post-surgery.
Follow checked Items:
[ ] Remove your dressings in 3 days
[ ] Do not remove your dressings until seen by provider in the office.
[ ] No sling is needed.
[ ] Use sling while walking around, then elevate are when at rest.
[ ] Wear the shoulder immobilizer at all times until seen by provider in office.
Please contact surgeon’s office if any of the following occur:
1. If, you develop a fever of 102 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
2. If, you have numbness, extreme swelling, coldness, and or color changes (in calf, ankle, or foot).
3. If, your bandages are saturated with blood.
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE YOUR OWN SUTURES OR STAPLES FOR ANY REASON!!!
***PLEASE CALL 602-277-6211 TO SCHEDULE A POST-OP APPOINTMENT FOR 7-10 DAYS POST SURGERY, If you do not already have one scheduled for you.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL OUR OFFICE AT 602-277-6211.